- This event has passed.
Half Term Coaching Feb 2023
February 13 @ 9:30 am - February 16 @ 5:00 pm
On behalf of the committee, I would like to welcome your sailors (and you) to KYC 2023! We very much hope you enjoy the sailing and racing.
The itinerary is attached and here are some event details:
- Kinsale yacht Club will be open all day Sunday to allow boats to be delivered and unpacked.
- Boats are to be placed in the Dinghy pen beside the club. Please park trailers at the designated parking, P17 WD21 (map attached) which is relatively secure, has CCTV, nonetheless, trailers will be left at owners risk.
- Training commences on Monday at 10am (Jibs up in sailing gear) with a finish time of 5pm . Sailors should be ontime to allow briefing by the coaches.
- Please bring a pen and notebook for taking notes during briefing and debriefing sessions.
- Each day the coaches will evaluate the weather and decide what each group will be doing each day. Sailors may have different coaches each day, or sailors may switch between groups depending on training exercises being carried out.
- The water temperature will be cold and all sailors should bring appropriate sailing gear for the week. Perhaps bring spare sailing gear to change into at lunchtime.
- Depending on the weather the group coaches will decide if sailors will stay out on the water for lunch, so please bring a packed lunch each day.
- Thank you for sharing contact details of a parent or guardian attending the event. This is used if sailors come in early from sailing or need to go home early for any reason. Please make sure to inform us of any changes to information given. A rota for parent supervision and crew cover on the safety boats for the Munsters will be drawn up. Please click HERE to volunteer
- The now annual Sailor dinner takes place on Wednesday 15th Feb at 7pm in the Yacht Club, followed by a table quiz for sailors and parents. Great prizes for the winning team. Booking details will follow.
- Click here for the link to the WhatsApp group to hear the latest from KYC!
- Finally a gentle reminder that participants must be members of the Irish 420 Class association for 2023. If you have not already done so, please join up now CLICK Here
We hope you have a fantastic week and if you do have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact our event organiser president@sail420.