The first event of 2018 will be the Open Spring training in Schull, County Cork. The Schull training takes place from Monday the 12th to Thursday the 15th Feb at the Fastnet Marine & Outdoor Education Centre in Schull. This is a purpose built training centre close to Schull village with holiday accommodation next door. The event has been a regular in the 420 season for many years and it runs in parallel to the Optimist event in nearby Baltimore, so families with sailors in both fleets can avail of training at the same time. We are delighted to be able to confirm that Graham Grant will again be at the training and we will also have Ross Killian from the Irish Sailing 420 Academy working with the sailors.
- The Munsters to be held on Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th Feb in Schull at the Fastnet Marine & Outdoor Education Centre.
- The Irish Youth Pathway Nationals, the potential dates for this event will be from the 5th to the 8th April, venue and final details to be confirmed by Irish Sailing. This event is run by Irish Sailing for Pathway and Youth Academy fleets and it is open to all 420 sailors under 19. The event is used by Irish Sailing as a selection trial for National Squads and an indicator, amongst other events, for the Irish Sailing Academy. There will be either one or two days Open training prior to this event and details will be confirmed closer to the date.
- The Connaughts to be held at Lough Ree Yacht Club on the 21st and 22nd of July as part of a Junior double handed weekend.
- The 420 Nationals will be held at Howth Yacht Club on the 4th to the 6th of August.
- The Ulsters will be held on the 22nd and 23rd September (these are the likely dates) in association with the RYANI Youth Championships. Venue TBC.